might be able to upgrade to 75gall OH YAY!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
OMGOSH my dad suprised me today with telling me I might be able to upgrade my 29 fowlr to a 55 or 75gall (im pushing for the 75 as it opens up a lot more options for me :D ) and so we went to the LFS and got prices, and its $499 for a 75gall with tank, stand and glass hood? thats steep. I got all my prices together and it came out as $1045 (no tax).... thats for

75gall aquarium
stand
glass hood
130watt coralife (not reef, just fowlr)
250watt stealth heater
coralife skimmer 65 (since its not a reef?)
a ehem 2217 canister
22 more pounds of LR
and 40 more pounds of sand

is this a good price? my dad will never pay that much so we are going to be looking for 75gall tank/stand in the local paper but I was just currious to know if that was good or?

im so exited! (the catch is that I have to get rid of all the other tanks though :( ) now I can have the yellow tang I have always wanted :D :D :D

I know petsmart and petco have good deals and you can also look in the used tank section of your local trading post.

Yeah, I would suggest craigslist or Ebay. I got my 55 with Sedona stand and canopy and decent lights on Ebay, it was definitely worth the hour's drive to pick it up. You just have to be a little patient with both to get the best deal.

$499 sounds very high for a 75...I've seen 125s that are RR for $348 so I would NOT buy a 75 for that price! Check around I know you can find a better deal then that. Petco and Petsmart should be a lot cheaper then that!

Back
Top Bottom