Missing Chromis, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is almost 3 weeks old and I am doing FOWLR. It is a 54g acrylic corner and I currently have an instant reef insert and a 10lb LR sitting behind it. 1 week into the tank I bought 5 chromis and 1 died 2 days later and 1 went missing a few days after that. Another just went missing a few days ago and cannot see them anywhere. I jave lifted the LR to see if they were stuck under but were not. What should I do? Is it ok to just forget about them or should do an extensive search for them? New to SW so any ideas would help,
Thanks

Hello- do you have an overflow w/ sump? I had to small clowns that somehow got into the overflow, and in turn got sucked down into the sump sock. One lived, other died... Just a thought, there is only so many places he could be? Good luck!

No I do not, All I currently have running is my canister filter and power heads. The suction part of the filter is too small and thin to suck them in.

I lost a damsel once and he was wedged between two rocks. To this day I'm not sure how he got there. I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't find it. Just keep an eye on your parameters.

What kind of cuc do you have? They might have taken care of the body already, if you have bristle worms they are some of the fastest at cleanup. Are you doing a fish in cycle? If so you can expect to lose more fish and if any make it through the cycle their lives will be much shorter.

since my tank is only 3 weeks old and just finished cycling, I just added a cleanup crew of 4 snails today and I'll keep an eye on my params,
Thanks for the suggstions

Back
Top Bottom