mixing clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wapparia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. I have a quick question about mixing clowns that I hope someone can answer. I have nearly fully stocked my tank and the last 2 fish I am putting in are my clown fish. I know not ideal with adding angel and foxface but I was left with no choice really. I really like the idea of having both the most common orange clown but I also like the black and white clowns. Is it possible to mix them or would they just fight and are there special species that can be mixed. Thanx for the help.

I have one of each in my tank and they get along great. Pretty much paired up straight away. I think as long as they r the same type u should b fine. each fish have different attitude too though suppose. Can only try your luck... But im no expert . Goodluck :) oh.. They are ocellaris clowns

I had a gold band maroon and reg ocelleris clown in a tank together for about 2-3 months with no issues. They swam together all the time. But it was only temporary as I was holding the ocelleris for a friend.

I have a black and white and an orange and they are total BFFs!

2 ocellaris clowns are fine together. Those technically are the same. I'm talking about a maroon and a clarkii, or something like that.

Thanx once again for the help and advice. I would support the site if I knew the money was going to the likes of Mr x and Carey :)

Back
Top Bottom