Mixing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smiley_amg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new to this an was wanting to get a male an female Dragonet fish but wasnt sure if they would be ok with a clownfish an a blue hippo tang that I already have.

:thanks:

How large and old is your tank? Mandarins require a huge population of copepods to feed on. Not an easy fish to maintain.

How long has it been setup for? I probably wouldn't do it unless you can find one eating frozen foods

I've had it a little over a week but I bought it from someone else who had it awhile.

You bought it with the livestock it has? That hippo is way to large for that size tank. I believe it's quite had to find a mated pair of dragonets. I used to have a single one in my 55 but unfortunately even with a huge amount of live rock he decided that he didn't want to eat frozen foods anymore and depleted the pod population in a matter of weeks. That was after is had him over a year... How much rock is in it?

Oh geez I didn't even see the male and female part. Yeah definitely no in a 55. I believe mr. Saltwater tank got rid of his mates pair in a 300 because there weren't enough pods for them

I found a male an female an what do you mean it's to big for my tank?

Just talked with an expert an the hippo tang I have won't get over 4 inches

Where is his/her support for that? That's just plain not true. They get over a foot. No tang stays that small.

Well that is a flat out lie.Check out live aquaria for info on your tang. I can't believe it's still healthy being in such a small tank for so long! Poor fishy.

Back
Top Bottom