Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #22

i had LEDS only in those pics! not bad... they look good buttttt... i think is not brigth enough so i got MH....ill post some pics during the week...thanks you for letting me share this project with you guys!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #23
is back to save the day!

On the right side of your rockwork, are those rocks siliconed or somehow secured? They look a little unstable from the pictures point of view, and i would be really worried about that because with all the things that go in a SW tank, if your rocks are not completely stable, it could spell disaster, starting with a smashed tank and flooded floors. You've got some really large round rocks on top or other round rocks.. Hope you've secured them, or you don't plan on having any pistol shrimp, turbo snails, or anything else strong enough to move things around.

Still looks nice though.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #24

Hey zero thanx for the advise...i didnt silicone those rocks but the way i set them up they are not going no where lol....
now those anyone know if i should get a CO2 reactor? is it a most have? i used to have a 46 gallon and didnt plan to have alot of corals.... but now with this 90g i want to have a healthy reef...i apriciate good advises! thanx
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
is back to save the day!

You don't need a CO2 reactor for a SW tank. I don't know anyone who uses one. That's usually for freshwater planted tanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #26

Thanx zero for the info...but im comfused now...isn't co2 reactor same as a calcium reactor? im comfused because i hear that a calcium reactor is a good thing to have on a reef tank....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
is back to save the day!

CO2 is oxygen.. Calcium reactors are different.

Look, this is a CO2 reactor:

This is a calcium reactor:

There is a difference between the two, however, calcium reactors are very good for a reef system, so if you wanted a good reactor to start with, a calcium reactor would be that.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #28

Thanx again for the info! do you know a good calcium reactor to recommend me...i want something desent that does its job and simple to use...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #29
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
CO2 is oxygen..
Actually, CO2 is carbon dioxide, 02 is oxygen

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #30
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Unless you plan on having a tank full of SPS corals, there is no need for a calcium reactor. And even if you do go to an all SPS tank, a calcium reactor is not necessary. The alternative to a ca reactor is manual 2-part dosing, and again that's only necessary if you have a bunch of SPS corals.

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
90g reef, build, new project, project, reef, reef build, reef tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com