monini 90g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1097233_0_f2af9daba91baa7089e0fdbbf7bb6e60.jpg
img_1097233_1_df22404715411868a214dcfdca48da63.jpg
img_1097233_2_c9f4e9249c81c2bd62c73f98726bc374.jpg

i had LEDS only in those pics! not bad... they look good buttttt... i think is not brigth enough so i got MH....ill post some pics during the week...thanks you for letting me share this project with you guys!

On the right side of your rockwork, are those rocks siliconed or somehow secured? They look a little unstable from the pictures point of view, and i would be really worried about that because with all the things that go in a SW tank, if your rocks are not completely stable, it could spell disaster, starting with a smashed tank and flooded floors. You've got some really large round rocks on top or other round rocks.. Hope you've secured them, or you don't plan on having any pistol shrimp, turbo snails, or anything else strong enough to move things around.

Still looks nice though. :)

Hey zero thanx for the advise...i didnt silicone those rocks but the way i set them up they are not going no where lol....
now those anyone know if i should get a CO2 reactor? is it a most have? i used to have a 46 gallon and didnt plan to have alot of corals.... but now with this 90g i want to have a healthy reef...i apriciate good advises! thanx

You don't need a CO2 reactor for a SW tank. I don't know anyone who uses one. That's usually for freshwater planted tanks.

Thanx zero for the info...but im comfused now...isn't co2 reactor same as a calcium reactor? im comfused because i hear that a calcium reactor is a good thing to have on a reef tank....

CO2 is oxygen.. Calcium reactors are different.

Look, this is a CO2 reactor:

lg_13995_FS21193P.jpg

This is a calcium reactor:

calcium_reactor1.jpg

There is a difference between the two, however, calcium reactors are very good for a reef system, so if you wanted a good reactor to start with, a calcium reactor would be that.

Thanx again for the info! do you know a good calcium reactor to recommend me...i want something desent that does its job and simple to use...

Unless you plan on having a tank full of SPS corals, there is no need for a calcium reactor. And even if you do go to an all SPS tank, a calcium reactor is not necessary. The alternative to a ca reactor is manual 2-part dosing, and again that's only necessary if you have a bunch of SPS corals.

man this website is the best...i was about to get one this week lol thanx for the info ccCapt...im getting corals little by little but im still new to this hobby...when you say manual 2part dosing...what are the supplements i should in stock to have my reef healthy? right now i have snowmarine and two kent marine products that im now sure the name cuz they are not near me...

when you say manual 2part dosing...what are the supplements i should in stock to have my reef healthy?
IF, and only IF your system has the demand, you would need to dose calcium (Kent Turbo Calcium is a good product to use), you would need to dose alkalinity (just buy Arm & Hammer baking soda), and you would need to dose magnesium (Epsom salts from your local drug store works fine). In my opinion, dosing any other chemicals is a waste of $$$.

This article goes into detail on 2-part dosing.
An Improved Do-it-Yourself Two-Part Calcium and Alkalinity Supplement System by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Back
Top Bottom