Moon Light too strong ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well about 2 weeks ago, i asked about moons lights, everyone said they were a good addition to the tank aand all, so i got a small one. Well i am afraid it might be TOO strong. I work at night, and when i used to get home around midnight, my clowns would be sleeping. Now they are always swimming around the tank with the moon light on. Is this too strong ?? do they just need to get used to it ?? here's a pic. SOrry for the quality but a night pic on a Cell phone is horrible

Attachments

• image035_100.jpg
    image035_100.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 46
That is pretty normal for a clown they seem to swim even when they sleep .... I think you are just noticeing it now :) no worries they should be fine with that light , and you will be able to see so much more at night too... I just added a supplimental to our unit that is a wee bit brighter ....

I agree, maybe since you have light in there, you are noticing that they may not have been sleeping. That light looks awesome.

I agree that they will be OK. They just have to get used to the new surroundings.

what size light/tank is that? it looks great and i'm in the market for one. thanks

mazilla said:
what size light/tank is that? it looks great and i'm in the market for one. thanks

its 29gal, i got the lights on ebay. They aren't name brand or anything, i only use one, but it comes with 2. here is the link from the guy i got it from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-LIGHT-SET-MOO...ryZ46314QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i was the only bid and got them for $14, it comes with everything included, i think he makes them himself! The brand name ones are like $40. He has good feedback

Back
Top Bottom