Moorish Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guilty of not researching first as charged. Guy at LFS knows my tank and stock and said it would be fine. I researched the night i bought him and went out next morning and bought a sponge. Hes been picking at it and mainly picking the live rock. Seems to be ok so far, hangs with the tusk mainly. Swims a lot and darts around the power heads.

I didnt realise the requirements and the difficulty in keeping them. Maybe ill just fry him up and save the hassle ( joking )

I will put him on Gumtree and see if i can sell to a person with a bigger tank as i dont have the space to go any bigger.

Anyone have experience with this fish. Tips etc.

My Moorish loves a live clam thrown in 1 a week, just shuck clam shell and leave in tank 5 hrs! the rest of the time he's grazing about in his 125 G...
Really helped mine adapt to eating in captivity. Hope this helps Slainte'

My Moorish loves a live clam thrown in 1 a week, just shuck clam shell and leave in tank 5 hrs! the rest of the time he's grazing about in his 125 G... Really helped mine adapt to eating in captivity. Hope this helps Slainte'

How long you had yours

hey where about you living??? ive got a 265g FOWLR tank....

more than happy to buy it and take it off your hands if your close

Several months, he eats the live clam and what little is left I throw out! Try a Chinese supermarket they have a lot of live seafood fish I have some video of him feeding I will post.
Ok thanks. I have advertised him so he can go to a bigger tank.

100% agree always wanted one since watching the almighty movie 'Finding Nemo' lol. one day i'll get one...... one day

It's such a majestic creature... Once I upgrade to a 135, I would love to get one.

How's your Idol doing? Any luck eating? Have you tried the clams...

Attachments

• image-1698684283.jpg
    image-1698684283.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 100
Apparently you'll need a 300 Gallon tank? Dont know many people with that.

Where does is say a 300 is needed?? It doesn't get that big. A 6ft tank should provide more than enough space for 1 of them...

I don't see why it would need a 300g. Liveaquaria tends to go larger than anywhere else (which I tend to agree with), but going over 2x their suggestion seems like overkill. With an Idol, it is the "expert only" thing that should make 99.99% of the people reconsider.

I would like an update too. Fingers are crossed that this one is doing okay...

anyone wit a morish idol and a small tank..... ill take it for the team and be more than happy to take it off your hands :p

How's your Idol doing? Any luck eating? Have you tried the clams...
Good so far thanks.. Eating fresh sponge.. Couldn't get clams.. May have sold to a person with 7tf tank. Guess he will be happier although hes very partial to me Tusk fish.

Back
Top Bottom