Mother In Laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
Mine came over tonight for dinner. After dinner I go downstairs to check on the tank. My mag cleaner is missing. Im looking all over the tank, it just isnt there. I open the hood and the half that goes inside is floating around in the tank. I look around for the rest and I finally found it. STUCK TO THE SIDE OF MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!

I go upstairs and ask my 5 year old if she was messing with the mag cleaner. Nope, she denies it. My wife denies it. The mother in law is quiet. I ask if she did it. She says nothing. I announce that the magnet was stuck to my computer. She gets a horrified look on her face. I just turned around and left.

Why cant people leave stuff that isnt their ALONE. GRRRRRRR!!!!

So, I presume by your continued ability to post that your computer still functions normally?! I'd be SO flipping mad! Who would have thunk it to be the grown adult and not the 5yo?!

Yes, somehow the super strong magnet stuck DIRECTLY next to the hard drive had apparently no affect.

I was furious, but better to walk away than get in a pissing match with my mother in law and her daughter (who would side with her mother automatically).

"hmmm... this thing seems to be some sort of super strong magnet...now where is the worst place I can possibly put it...hmm..."

:roll:

I saw the mag cleaners for the first time a few weeks ago. Very cool idea. I have been out of the hobby for a few years...amazing what has popped up.

I'd be ticked off as well but I think you did the right thing, you never would have won that fight.

Seems to me she was just trying to give you that 'new pc' shine. Course, think of it this way..Theres a ton of us who would LOVE for their mother in law of all peeps to give them an excuse to UPGRADE! d00d would be gettin a Dell!

werd to ya mutha (..in law..)

My mother in law is a marine biologist and really loves checking out my tank. I send her pictures whenever I get something new. Oh, and she's also the one who gave me the 90 gal tank, stand, and MH lights. Not all mother in laws are so bad, I guess. :D

wow! you suck Gatorfreak! LOL the only thing my future mother-in-law has given me is an excusse to keep the kids away from her.

I've got to know... what exactly do we figure happened here? She was just poking around where she didn't belong, pulled off the mag, didn't know what to do, and decided to hide it? Definitely sounds like something you'd expect from the 5 year old, not a grown woman!

I know it's really not funny, but this story made me laugh a little bit, which I needed today . Glad to hear there was no damage done :)

Back
Top Bottom