Mouse poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
After having my Foxface and my kole tang in their new home for only 48 hours it looks like there is a mouse running around pooping all over my tank! Is this normal? I never saw it with any of the fish in my 36g tank. Another question, I put a piece of seaweed on a veggie clip close to the bottom of the tank about 24 hours ago. It looks like they may or may not have nibbled on it a bit, if they have it hasn't been much. At what point should I be worried about them not eating?

image-3865683538.jpg

Do you have astrea snails? I've heard that astrea sails leave a lot of poop like that around.ine don't because I have 2 conchs, and the conchs eat the snail poo. :) if you don't have snails, it's probably just fish poo. but if that's the case, I'm thinking you might need another powerhead cuz there should be enough flow To keep it suspended (so the filter can take care of it) and off the floor. :)

The tank is 90 gallons and only has an about 2 1/2 inch kole tang and a Foxface that is about 3 inches.
image-1065835152.jpg

That trigger is no longer in the tank, he jumped out a few days before we got the other 2

All thy have eaten so far is a 3 in square piece of seaweed. Do you think adding 2 500 gallon an hour power heads would be enough circulation?

No that won't be enough. I would add 2 1400 gph powerheads. That plus return from your filtration should be adequate. You want at least 30x overturn.....

One on each side...you've kinda gotta play with exactly where each is pointing based on your rock work. Ideally, you want no dead spots, or as few as possible.

Back
Top Bottom