Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitegurl84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be moving next week and I need some help figuring out how I can move my 56g and 29g to my new place. My old place is an up stairs apartment, so how can I get them down the stairs?

...put fish in buckets empty tank, drive to new place and reverse the process? Shouldn't be that hard to move those size tanks down stairs. Now a 250 gallon tank made of glass would be a different story.

I use marine coolers. Wider then buckets. Also very good insulation. Add a aerator if moving to far.

Personally, I'd get a lot of 5 g buckets, I't take my RODI to the new place and get a lot of new water ready. Then I'd take the rock out and put in buckets with water, then the corals in egg crate in other buckets, then the fish etc in other buckets.

Then leave a few inches of water in the tanks to keep the sand covered and run like the wind.

Then get the tanks set up with the rocks and water for a bit, then add the fish and coral over a few hours.

Few questions though;
current stock?
sand bed depth?
length of move?

A friend, a 12 pack and pizza drastically helps this scenario out;)

The 56g has two tangs,two percula clowns, copper banded butterfly, and hermits. The 29g has three damsels, red scooter blenny, 2 cleaner shrimp and chocolate chip starfish. The sand bed in the 56g is about an inch and a half the 29g is about 2 and a half inches. The move would be likely only be about 5 miles at the most.

The 29g with a 2 1/2" inch bed could be trouble as at that depth ya can have some nasty stuff growing under it. Just try to not disturb the bed at all, or better yet, remove it and get new sand and clean the tank out. With LR ya should be fine. keep a few cups of it to seed the new bed if ya do this.

And I'm sorry, but have to ask. 2 tangs in a 56g? That sounds like major trouble. What 2 tangs? Either way, this is a perfect opportunity to rehome at least 1 if not both before its too late.

Yes, one is a salifin tang and the other is a hippo tang they are small right now once they get bigger I have a friend that is going to take them. All the fish seem to get along great the only one I seem to have any problems with is the hippo tang picking up my hermits .

I used a rolling icechest! It was perfect, none of my fish were stressed after a few hours of being in there. I put a large flatter piece of live rock to make them feel safer.

Back
Top Bottom