Moving an Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiffyCat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm about to move and I'm looking for some good advice on moving my tank. (see my signature for details) It's about a 14 hour drive, not including breaks, so I may need to stay overnight somewhere.

Help!

You need to keep at least half of your water. 5 gallon buckets work great. Your fish and inverts can go in one of them. Get a battery operated air pump from the sport fishing section at a store and drill a hole in the top of a bucket and run the air line to keep the water aerated for the fish. Maybe get some heat packs from walmart(the kind for your hands) and have them ready in very good ziploc bags in case the temp goes down. I guess the corals can go in one of the others. You probably don't need air for the corals. I suggest leaving as early in the morning as possible to keep the time down as much as possible. Remember, they ship them in bags on trucks for hours and hours and they don't seem to have much trouble with it. Plus it will take a while once you get there to reset up your tank.

Back
Top Bottom