Moving question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's my problem. At the end of the month we are moving out of our house. I have a 90 gal FOWLR, that has been set up for a year, with 3 clowns, a yellow tang, a foxface lo,a peppermint shrimp, a coral banded beauty and some various snails. The move is going to be fairly extensive as we are moving about 3 1/2 hours away and our new place isn't going to be ready for a month after we move(have to live with the mother in law for a month). Do you think that my fish will be alright in my 10 gal QT tank for a month with some of my more precious live rock? And do you think the rest of my live rock will survive in a plastic tub with no heater but with circulation(and water of course)? Do you think I will have to re-cure my live rock and maybe my sand seeing as it is most likely live now as well. I wouldn't be as worried if i were tearing it down and setting it back up within days but with that amount of time i am not so sure.

TIA
Ian

I think you are gouing to need a heater on the lr. As far as the fish in your 10 gal tank it will be packed, so be prepared to do multiple water changes. One suggestion is to find a "kennel" for your fish. Search your new area for fellow reefers that might help keep livestock while in transition. Especially the tang, because they love to swim. Good luck on the move. :wink:

I just did the exact same thing...except mine was 2 months with the mother in law. I set up my full tank in the basement of her house. I thought about a smaller tank, but with this much money invested, I figured my time was cheap.

I would rather see them in a long rubbermaid "sump" than a 10 gallon aquarium. You can get these cheap at any walmart. Plus you can keep most of your LR in there. you can pick one up pretty cheap, and put your light over them with a heater and some power heads.

Of course, I think a "kennel" might be a better idea.
You could even put your protein skimmer in the rubbermaid.

i agree...it might be a wee bit cramped. your LFS might be able to rent you out space in one of their tanks. just make sure all their employees know that your fish isnt for sale!

Back
Top Bottom