multiple banggai cardinal fish community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffeetwitch

Aquarium Advice Addict
im on my second clutch of banggai cardinal fry. the first clutch ,from a different set of parents, was sold to my lfs. i like this because its local, tank raised fish. im also very partial to this particular breed of cardinal and flirting with the thought of keeping them this time.

question is this:

in a standard 90 gallon aquarium. if i treat their stocking like cichlids and "crowd" them can i keep multiples?

ive seen banggai aggression when ive gone through the hassle of finding breeding pairs (twice now) i don't want to risk unnecessary death to my ignorance.

i like this fish and would really like to have a tank "full" of them and not just the pair.

banggai fans please educated me.

I would love to aswell as like them a lot and got 80 gal but read for large groups min 100 gal. I've got a male and tried getting other one and he killed it within the night, thought was female but guess not and hard to find female in the shops as there still young. So would love to know how to get large group as read the males will just kill each other in same tank.

Back
Top Bottom