Murderous Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cocodonovan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have 2 tanks- 29gal biocube with watchman goby, firefish, longnose hawkfish, fire shrimp, and rock/some corals (I got it 2 months ago) The other is 14gal biocube with only a female clown, anemone and 1 rock (had it for 2+ years). My clownfish is extremely aggressive - past victims include her original mate, a new mate, damsel fish, and others. My original plan was to let the new fish get used to the new tank for a week or so then put her in so perhaps they would be territorial and she would back off. But now I really like my new fish and I'm worried she'll kill them if I put her in. At the same time, I'm really attached to her because she's my original fish and I would love to have everything together in the 29gal. In the past she has gotten along with 4-lined wrasses and purple pseudos, but I don't know what to expect from her since she's been alone for a while now. also I don't know if the new fish are tough enough to survive with her. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clownfish are damsels, so they can be aggressive and territorial. There just isn't enough room for them to set up their territories or get away form one another.

Back
Top Bottom