My 1st tank fowlr 47 gal column tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a few questions.

I transported this tank the other day and set it up with a 50 percent old salt water and 50 percent new salt water mixture.

However me being new to this I pored the water in the tank and disturbed the live sand. Well me not knowing anything later on after testing my nitrate is 80ppm.

Other tests are
Temp 77.5
Specific gravity 1.024
Ammonia 0 or close to it
My question is I'm gonna start a 9 gallon water change every three days to get rid of the nitrate level. Is this a good start??

There is 9 fish, 7 hermit crabs, 10 sea snails and 1 eel in the tank and they all are in really nice healthy shape and eat very very well.

I'll post pics later on.

Yellow spotted eel

1.foxfish
2. Two tomato clowns
3. Two damsels
The rest I really don't know yet there small little guys.

All the fish are doing great though. Real active. Eating great twice a day. The clowns layer eggs and the eel is a big pig at times

Yes it is over stocked and as soon as I get the nitrate level down I'll take the fish that are too big of a species for it to the pet store.

And after looking at pics of the snowflake eel. That is him. I have a baby snowflake eel.

Cause I don't want the poor fish to die. He just went thru a move, now high nitrates and I feel if intake him to a pet store where he will
Go into a even smaller tank with perfect water he will go into shock

And you don't think he went through a shock going from low nitrate to high? Anyways, can you post a pic of your tank? I wanna see it :). Lol. Good luck!

There we go finally learned how to post pics.

Attachments

• image-3846104261.jpg
    image-3846104261.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 196
  • image-871207071.jpg
    image-871207071.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 151
  • image-836723306.jpg
    image-836723306.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2721555967.jpg
    image-2721555967.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 179
And it's not a eel it's a darn engineer goby.

Like I said guys this is my first tank.

I bought this the way it is.

I paid 250.00

It has a current USA dual day, afternoon and moonlight lighting system

Emperor 400 filter

And a uv sterilizer.

I just bought a intake protein skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom