My 20 FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naplesbaitman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Figured since I've posted about it, I might as well put a pic up! How is it?

I will post it in my other thread too. Thanks!

Pretty nice. I might add some more liverock and a background.
How old is it?

It just finished its first cycle. The LR was already being kept alive by a friend that gave it to me so it only took about a week and a half. I don't really have any more room for any more LR either. The pieces I have in there already take up a LOT of room.

Edit: front to back I mean. I might be able to add more up top. Would that be ok with the two clowns in it?

It just finished its first cycle. The LR was already being kept alive by a friend that gave it to me so it only took about a week and a half. I don't really have any more room for any more LR either. The pieces I have in there already take up a LOT of room.

Edit: front to back I mean. I might be able to add more up top. Would that be ok with the two clowns in it?

Do you know how many lbs it is in total? I hear 1-2lbs per gallon so you want about 20-40lbs it really aids in the filtration and health/stability of the tank.
Maybe I just didn't realize that you had more hiding in the back.

Do you know how many lbs it is in total? I hear 1-2lbs per gallon so you want about 20-40lbs it really aids in the filtration and health/stability of the tank.
Maybe I just didn't realize that you had more hiding in the back.

I'm gonna guess its around thirty pounds worth. The pieces on the bottom are large. I guess the picture doesn't really show its depth.

I'm gonna guess its around thirty pounds worth. The pieces on the bottom are large. I guess the picture doesn't really show its depth.

Ah cool. Okay well nvm then! Looks like everything is going well. Although you may have added your fish a little later just keep up on testing and water changes!
Are you planning on adding any other fish or inverts? You just have the two nano clown fish right now?

Ah cool. Okay well nvm then! Looks like everything is going well. Although you may have added your fish a little later just keep up on testing and water changes!
Are you planning on adding any other fish or inverts? You just have the two nano clown fish right now?

So far I plan on having more inverts in this tank than fish. But I will for sure be adding a purple firefish and MAYBE one more depending on how much space I have left. I wanted to do one blood shrimp, one pistol and one skunk as well. Possibly snails or hermits as well. I want it to look alive without putting a lot of stress on the fish. I think I have enough filtration now to be able to handle the nitrates and I am constantly testing the water on a daily basis sometimes twice a day.

I have a 75 I am about to start piecing together as well and that will be an lps fish mix tank done right!

Back
Top Bottom