my 28 gallon fish only build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
Starting to cycle a 28 gallon fish only tank. Notice the shrimp in the backround. Ammonia is really high.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110618_073151.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110618_073151.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 269
Be careful with the shrimp..it adds other things like proteins. I am making the assumption that rock is live rock. Once you have a few more pieces, I would remove the shrimp...the live rock will provide the ammonia source.

Just so you know a FOWLR is just a reef with no corals ;). Is that a 28g jbj nano? If so you could grow mushrooms, palythoas under that lighting no problem whatsoever. I had some hitchhiker clove polyps in my cycling tank that survived and covered the entire rock.

Just telling ya ;). But yea, even if you add no corals at least create a table top sort of rock work so that the fish can hide and feel more secure. Also, having a decent amount of rock ensures you will never have problems with ammonia.

Looking good. Seriously consider adding some palys or mushrooms or cloves, that lighting can easily support them.

Why did you decide to put the piece of pvc in the tank? I understand its somewhere to hide, but the tank would look very natural without it and I'm sure the fish would be just as happy.

You are right. It would look natural. I am putting a snowflake eel in the tank. It is places for him to hide. After awhile if it is not interested in the pipe out it will come.

Back
Top Bottom