My 29 gal. Stock questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pancho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all.
Im still a good 2 or 3 weeks away from my tank being fully cycled, but im just getting an idea of what to get. At the suggestion of my LFS, im going to start off with a yellow tail damsel (besides the inverts) and trade it back in eventually to get a pair of Clown fish.
What are some good tank mates for a pair of Ocellaris? and about how many am i looking at being able to have in addition to the pair?
Also ive been told maybe some more LR should be added (i have 40 lbs right now) and some power heads to get more water moving.

Thanks for your help guys, i feel like im asking a million questions but you have been real awesome.

Attachments

• dsc02340fixed_544.jpg
    dsc02340fixed_544.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 29
  • dsc02340fixed_544.jpg
    dsc02340fixed_544.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 37
i wouldnt start out with the damsel if its not something that you want to keep in the long run. if you dont want it, you will have a hard time catchin it to get it out, so best not to add it if you dont want it. clowns are pretty hardy. they will be good. start with a few hermits and snails, to make sure there is enough food for them. add more accordingly after.

as for other fish here is a link to some of your options http://liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2124

tank looks good! 40lbs in a 29 is good. the general rule of thumb is 1.5-2 lbs per gal, so thats up to you.

Awesome looking tank! Your critters will love it!
I agree with vsnsofadrgn. My two yellow tails are not very aggressive, so you might be able to keep him but I would wait on other's personal experiences. As for clowns, if you go with two, introduce them at the same time. Or you can add a smaller one later.
Check that site and maybe a few others, to get a feel of what it out there.

2 PHs at either side aimed at each other to create crashing flows. And ensure there's some ripple on the water surface also with the placement of'm.

I agree that catching damsels will be hard later on. Start with the pair of clowns. Of course a cleanup crew would be in order after cycling too.

40lbs of rock in a 29g sounds pretty good to me alrady. Doing reef? is so, new coral additions will add more cured rock anyway. You'll be at a pound and a half before you know it just adding coral with rock.

about how strong do i want these power heads to be? Its a 29 gal, so i want to make sure its not going to be too strong or too weak.

Back
Top Bottom