My 29 gallon! Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AutumnPine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are some pics of my 29 gallon. What do ya think?

Attachments

• picture_034_148.jpg
    picture_034_148.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 505
  • picture_033_115.jpg
    picture_033_115.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 502
  • picture_032_121.jpg
    picture_032_121.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 509
  • picture_028_131.jpg
    picture_028_131.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 498
  • picture_031_572.jpg
    picture_031_572.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 505
Looks like you are off to a great start! What are your plans for the tank?

I have been contemplating on whether or no to keep the fakes. I will probably end up taking them out. As for my livestock, I'm still working on what I would like to have. Since it's only a 29 I want to be careful I don't overload it. I would like to get either a Coral Beauty or some kind of dwarf angel, maybe a flame. I know the beauty can be territorial so thats something to consider. I'm still kinda researching the compatibilities between fish and also what would do well in a non reef tank. I'm open to ideas if any one has some.

Im not a chromis guy. Well at least not anymore. I tried 2 groups of 3 chromis at 2 different times. Both times, 2 of the 3 would die off from being harrassed by the strongest chromis and the strongest ones lived. The 2 that i had left never schooled together. The bigger always chased the smaller one around. Maybe a 29G isn't big enough for them to school :/

In that 29G, i would get a royal gramma, a sixline, a randall's goby, a flame and maybe a neon goby

i actually have 8 of the chromis. i guess i got real lucky because all of mine school together. it's pretty cool actually because at feeding time, all of them come to the back corner where i feed them and start going into a frenzy for the food. i do think that they're pretty neat, but i wouldn't recommend as many as i have because now i'm stuck with a certain amount of fish that i can put into my tank now. they are pretty cool looking though, and i agree with getting a small school to start out.

Love them I have a small school of three and on the very odd occasion the bigger will chas e the runt, but normally they are great together

Back
Top Bottom