My baby blue tang is trying to host my anemone? Can it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of different fish living in anemones but I don't think this is one of those cases

He is constantly trying to get into it. His tail and stomach even taps the tips. He Is only new to the tank. I'll keep my eye on him. More worried that he will get stung and eaten.

I am surprised the clowns let it! Mine would be pushing him outta there... I think that it would sting him but have no idea how you would get him to stop.

It's very cute! The two clowns that host it actually allow her in however they won't let another pair of clowns near it. She is there all day apart from the few times a day she disappears to rest. I have lots of footage of her doing it. :)

thats because the clowns are prob laughing hysterically at the tang. that would be like watching someone getting shocked repeatedly, only for them to go back for more.

Sorry only just saw these comments. Andyden71 - it's a small magnifica.
My tank is 400L

My little blue tang still lives in it. Doesn't sleep in it but as soon as she wakes up she is back around it again. I honestly think she might think she is clown fish. The clowns have accepted her too. It's gorgeous to watch.

That's the cutest thing ever! My neon dottyback hosts a red mushroom. Won't let anyone near it and rubs herself all over it. So I guess anythings possible!

I have a purple tipped anemone with damsels and my black damsel literally lived in the anemone and wouldn't let the other five around it maybe that's why that damsel never got killed/died

Back
Top Bottom