My Biocube 29g with diy upgrades.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhayes462

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have my tank up and running. It has cycled and Sat I added a yellow tail damsel, blue leg hermit, and a nassarius snail. They are doing great. The damsel was hiding since Sat. But came out as soon as i dropped some food in today and has stayed out now. Ammonia and nitrites still 0. I have made my own media rack and fuge rack. I have included pics of these. I also swapped the return pump for a maxi-jet 1200. I discarded the elbow and used just tubing to give it more flow. WOW what a difference! Even just discarding the elbow boosted flow a ton. I also plan on using a loc-line y and two outlets on the return. I still use the stock filter location for now with a gutted filter so I can put poly-filter pad in it. I am slowly removing my bio balls to be able to use my media baskets. My heater is currently in the main display in the corner, but I will move it to either chamber 1 or 3 when I put the media baskets in. I have a new biocube protein skimmer I'm thinking of modding and putting in chamber 1. I heard people have good results with them when modded. Or I might get an Aquatic Life 115. Anyone know where I can get a submersible light for my fuge, I don't really wanna put one on the outside. Or an above the water one or better yet a DIY plan for one. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking.
63ba6f43-a7f1-cb74.jpg

Mike Hayes
63ba6f43-a824-8ed5.jpg
63ba6f43-a855-a075.jpg
63ba6f43-a8ba-553d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom