My clown :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Criptix - liveaquaria is a good resource for just about everything saltwater. That rule of thumb for number of fish goes by inches (adult size) per gallon, not fish per gallon. Keep in mind that if you have a 50g tank with live rock, you don't really have 50 gallons of water in there, so calculate accordingly. :)

Worse comes to worse, put a list of fish you are planning to get on here and you will get good feedback.

Exactly. I had to idea (and still am a little confused) on the cycle process. Once I get that down ill be set.

Hi Tommy,

I'm coming in late on this discussion but i have read everyones comments at totally agree with Todd and pretty much everyone elses comments.

Taking it slow for the first few months is the most important things. I remember my frist saltwater tank about where i lost about 7 or 8 really beautiful little fish because i didnt research enough. Also going for a larger tank actually makes it so much easier for beginners as there is a lot more water and and polutants or toxins get diluted a lot more. Bigger tanks are a lot more stable especially for begginers.

Best of luck with your tank. I would recommend 2 small fish after about 6 weeks of cycling and no more for about a month. This way you know all is safe. Be careful how many fish or livestock you add in one go as it can dramatically increase your nitate readings. More fish, More Waste!

Yes!! A 50g??!! See, you'll have a 150g in no time!! Lol. No, really, that's a great deal! And I agree with Todd to use the 10g as a QT. keep us posted on the progress of your cycling.

Back
Top Bottom