my crab ate my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amp123dime

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a dogface puffer a lawnmower blenny and 2 yellowtail damsels and a crab(red and black) that I have had for a while. I bought a yellow angelfish with purple eyes at the pet store that was 2 years old really strong and fast swimmer today I get home from work and my crab is finishing off the last of his carcass. This crab has killed other things nobody believes me. It took out a black sea urchin Poisenous kind. It took out a dragon wrass and it took out 2 other crabs just like him. I have been told my puffer is the violent one but I have never seen him get aggresive at all not even once and if he ate my angelfish why didn't he eat my damsels they have been there longer than anything. I think its time to get rid of the evil crab even though I like him he is costing me a lot of money. I was really pissed off that my angelfish died I had him over a week and really thought it was a great fish. anyway just thought I would share the story An unacceptable comment

amp123dime said:
An Unacceptable comment

Well I don't think anyone is going to say that about you... what you do with fish magazines is your own business.

Did you actually see him kill the angelfish or is it possible that the angelfish died on its own and the crab ate the body?

Sorry for your loss but I agree with Pinkie. Unless you saw the crab kill him... It could have died from anything and the crab was just doing his job by cleaning up. At the same time he might be the culprit.

I firmly believe the crab was just finishing him off. I dont believe he killed the angelfish.

I think there's a better chance the puffer did something then the crab and even that is highly questionable. Could be stress or disease or numerous other causes. Have you tested water parameters? What size of tank is all this in? Too many factors that need to be considered but as melosu58 and chase33 said he probably was just cleaning up after the angelfish died.

I agree with the rest. I would look into water parameters. What kind of crab is it?

Speaking of water parameters can you post your water test results. Maybe it will tell us something

Back
Top Bottom