My current 50gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently I have the following in the tank:

- 1 Pair of Clowns
- 1 One Spot Foxface
- 1 Coral Beauty

Below is a picture of all but the (Coral Beauty). The Coral beauty was just added this week and is a bit shy still
IMG_0408.JPG

Our plan is to add 2 more fish and that is it..

- 1 Valentini Puffer (or similar)
- 1 Unknown

You may be nearing the comfortable limit. Clowns get territorial and the foxface will get bigger. Plan on the fish growing and then evaluate if there is enough space. The coral beauty will stay shy. That's their nature. I had one a couple years back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys!!

unfortunately our Coral beauty died after a week.. Parameters are fine and the 3 others are fine as well. I have a feeling it just stressed itself out too much. I would like a blue-purple color fish in the tank. I will not add anything else until Christmas time..

Ideas on a good replacement for the Coral beauty? I will check out the Goby as well, Saw some at the LFS just cannot remember which variation

I would say try another coral beauty. They are one of the hardiest dwarf angels you can get.

Is there any type of background on the tank?
I assume the pic is looking through the tank from the end.
It looks kinda stark and often folks don't consider how much stress a wide open setup can induce.

Yeah, IMO you could use a bit more rockwork in there to provide more cover and hiding places. Then the more shy fish will be more outgoing if they feel they have safe places to retreat into.

Thanks I might do just that.. It is on my list..

any recommendations on good aquarium gloves to use? I would prefer to not be stung by the rabbitfish

GLOVES!!???
We don't need no stinking gloves!

I have never used gloves before and the only thing that ever happened was I got stung by a lionfish, cut open by a tang, poisoned by a saltwater catfish, stung by a carpet anemone, bit by a gar and .................:blink:

when you find a good pair of gloves, let me know.:ermm:

Okay.. being a rookie.. How does it feel to be stung by a Lionfish?

I will work on more Rock..

not pleasant
inject some boiling oil into your arm and you'll kinda have an idea.
I was lucky though, just hurt like heck, but a customer of mine had his entire arm up to the shoulder swell up twice normal size from getting tagged on his thumb, but he was also allergic to bee stings.

now the saltwater catfish, that had me pleading for the sweet release of death, made me sicker than s**t for about a week. poison + bacteria= no fun

Thanks..

I knew I needed some more rock, I will get some more from BRS or might get a couple pieces local. Always a work in progress

a few questions no one dared to ask ,
how long did the tank cycle before adding fish
how old is the tank

Tank cycled 3 months with nothing but rock and then a dead shrimp.

50 gal display with 20 gal sump

coral beauty's are very gentile requiring a well established tank 3 months is still a bit early for them ,
as for being stung I will not lie it hurts , I also have the scares that came from it ,
always wear glasses and gloves when handling fish or coral,
this is a sting from a Bristol worm yes it was a big one he wrapped around my wrist
I was in agony almost 3 months , you'll think twice about gloves now I'm sure .
img_3313707_0_86568e7687156f6fd1c70f075545d610.jpg

A Bristol worm did that?!?!?! I was looks ng at one of those....no more

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys and gals, I keep finding this thing in my rock when cleaning. Cant get a clear picture but the best description I can give is it looks like a slug with suction feelers under or on it. (Feelers look like the bottom of my ch. Chip star) I never see it unless I'm cleaning, any idea what it might be? I'm afraid to really mess with it in case it can sting like a Bristol worm.

Its inside my live rock by the way...

Back
Top Bottom