Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Elude82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 302
A clean up crew. And it should be a must for most tanks. Aggressive a the only exception. Usually consisting of shrimp, crabs, or snails.
__________________

__________________
Elude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Antonio718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 112
I have 3 snails and 3 hermit crabs, thinkin about gettin a shrimp, which do u think is best for my 30 gallon FOWLR
__________________

__________________
Antonio718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio718
I have 3 snails and 3 hermit crabs, thinkin about gettin a shrimp, which do u think is best for my 30 gallon FOWLR
Fire shrimp! They are beautiful!
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Antonio718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Fire shrimp! They are beautiful!
Will it be safe with my clown fish?
__________________
Antonio718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio718

Will it be safe with my clown fish?
They should be fine. Fire shrimp are peaceful. There are also skunk cleaner shrimp, which are also very pretty. The clowns will most likely really like either of those shrimp. They are cleaner shrimp and will clean the fish!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...697&pcatid=697

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...696&pcatid=696
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Antonio718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

They should be fine. Fire shrimp are peaceful. There are also skunk cleaner shrimp, which are also very pretty. The clowns will most likely really like either of those shrimp. They are cleaner shrimp and will clean the fish!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...697&pcatid=697

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...696&pcatid=696
Thanks im gonna look into them, can i put more then one type of shrimp in my tank, i also like the banded shrimp
__________________
Antonio718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Elude82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 302
I really need to post pics of my tanks. Yes, you can put more than one kind of shrimp. I have had a Golden Coral Banded Shrimp, two Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, and Camelback Shrimp, and a Harlequin Shrimp all in one tank. The Coral banded Shrimp was the most aggressive. But my clowns, damsels, and chromis never messed with any of them.
__________________
Elude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Elude82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 302
I would go with a Skunk cleaner. Very effective shrimp, serve multiple purposes, very vibrant, and probably have the most personality.
__________________
Elude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Antonio718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elude82
I really need to post pics of my tanks. Yes, you can put more than one kind of shrimp. I have had a Golden Coral Banded Shrimp, two Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, and Camelback Shrimp, and a Harlequin Shrimp all in one tank. The Coral banded Shrimp was the most aggressive. But my clowns, damsels, and chromis never messed with any of them.
Yeah when u get a chance post pics on this thread too, i like the camelback shrimp too, im gonna see what my lfs has friday they usually get new shipments in
__________________
Antonio718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Elude82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 302
Ok, went through my phone and posted some quick pictures in my profile, so you can look at my profile and just click on pictures. I will post more, especially of the aggressive tank in the near future.
__________________

__________________
Elude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
30 gallon, first fish, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.