My first fish in my 30 gallon FOWLR tabk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, yeah i love them, i got them yesterday, is it normal that they havent went near my live rock yet? I have plenty of caves and all

Lol ya clowns dont like to swim theough rocks very much, more of an open water fish. If they swim against the glass when they sleep or twitch dont be worried, they are called clowns for a reason. :)

Lol thanks, i just want them to live and be happy in my tank so in like worried about everything now lol, should i shut off my powerhead when feeding them, im feeding them pellets now, they ate like one first got them and then afta that they havent, the pellets are on my live sane right now, would they go down and eat them or should o put in more like near them?

Don't try and force them to eat, they are aggressive waters usually, in the sense when they see food they don't hesitate to feed themselves. Don't let food sit in there, it will raise the parameters of your tank. Try flake food, mine all love flakes. And when you get a chance, find them cyclop-eeze. It's a treat my clowns go crazy for.

My clowns LOVE flakes also!!! I also feed them some frozen food once every couple days. They eat like pigs. They also seem to play in my rocks, but not really hang out in them.

Do you have a CUC? In a new tank, I was very careful not to over feed, especially since I didn't have a CUC. Once a day to start will suffice.

Most entertaining fish ever.

A clean up crew. And it should be a must for most tanks. Aggressive a the only exception. Usually consisting of shrimp, crabs, or snails.

I have 3 snails and 3 hermit crabs, thinkin about gettin a shrimp, which do u think is best for my 30 gallon FOWLR

Bearchumjs said:
They should be fine. Fire shrimp are peaceful. There are also skunk cleaner shrimp, which are also very pretty. The clowns will most likely really like either of those shrimp. They are cleaner shrimp and will clean the fish!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+2857+697&pcatid=697

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+2857+696&pcatid=696

Thanks im gonna look into them, can i put more then one type of shrimp in my tank, i also like the banded shrimp

I really need to post pics of my tanks. Yes, you can put more than one kind of shrimp. I have had a Golden Coral Banded Shrimp, two Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, and Camelback Shrimp, and a Harlequin Shrimp all in one tank. The Coral banded Shrimp was the most aggressive. But my clowns, damsels, and chromis never messed with any of them.

I would go with a Skunk cleaner. Very effective shrimp, serve multiple purposes, very vibrant, and probably have the most personality.

Elude82 said:
I really need to post pics of my tanks. Yes, you can put more than one kind of shrimp. I have had a Golden Coral Banded Shrimp, two Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, and Camelback Shrimp, and a Harlequin Shrimp all in one tank. The Coral banded Shrimp was the most aggressive. But my clowns, damsels, and chromis never messed with any of them.

Yeah when u get a chance post pics on this thread too, i like the camelback shrimp too, im gonna see what my lfs has friday they usually get new shipments in

Ok, went through my phone and posted some quick pictures in my profile, so you can look at my profile and just click on pictures. I will post more, especially of the aggressive tank in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom