Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Talking My first marine fish are in!!!!

Hey guys sorry I've been inactive lately but I have been very busy.

I'm just so excited because I just bought 3 yellowtail damsels which look AMAZING under my lights; Maybe I'm just so psyched it just clouds my vision, lol!

They are extremely active, even a half hour after acclimation! I will trade them in to the lfs when I'm ready to get more fish because I only bought damsels purely to test and see if my aquarium is adequate for other fish, but they are just so... Interesting!

Won't let me post pics, sorry.

Anyways I just wanted to ask all of you, what your first marine fish was?

Not having a quarantine tank is like playing Russian Roulette, nobody wins, you can only see who plays the longest... Unfortunately, I don't have the time, money or patience for a quarantine tank so... That sucks
chris1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi mate thats good the beat feeling is when your happy with your system and your fish are all happy. The thing is damsels their very hardy fish. If youve cycled your tank then add fish very very slowly. My first fish were standard clownfish and i put them in the day i set the tank up and i had them for over 3 months but traded them in for maroon pair now... Ask me how that was done lol

Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah fish in cycling is always a risk if not to your pocket to the life of the fish.

However if the tank is cycled then adding 2 or 3 damsels shouldn't be too much of a problem. Try not to feed them too much. This will help to stabilise your system and mature your filtration.

Best of luck though seems like you're getting on ok. Good luck catching those damsels lol
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Talking damsels

I have 4 damsels that came in my established tank. I kind of like them.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like my yellow tail damsels. Mine have amazing color to them. I have had them when I first started my invert tank. I never planned or plan on getting rid of them. I'd probably get rid of my clowns before I got rid of them! Lol they are great! Yeah, a little aggressive, but can't really harm anything due to their size.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

My first marine fish were a blue/yellow tail damsel and a three stripe damsel. I was sooooo excited to have fish with such bold color. It was a fun feeling. Amazing how blue they are, huh?

Makes you wonder if artists like Picasso didn't find inspiration from sea life....hint, hint Huma Huma Trigger (Aka Picasso Trigger--the trigger came first)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

haha, cool guys. Seems like damsels are a pretty **** common starter fish I just added a foxface recently who is doing well. They are such attractive fish! I'm probably going to wait around 1-2 weeks until I add a dogface puffer or antennata lion: Not sure which to add first...
Not having a quarantine tank is like playing Russian Roulette, nobody wins, you can only see who plays the longest... Unfortunately, I don't have the time, money or patience for a quarantine tank so... That sucks
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Sorry I never knew d.a.m.n was a swear word on this, my mistake
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have made a mistake using "darn" too. I would bot of guessed either, but its their rules, since we are guests on their site.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elude82 View Post
I have made a mistake using "darn" too. I would bot of guessed either, but its their rules, since we are guests on their site.
True ^^

Tags
fish, marine, marine fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com