My first my testing my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wreck_it_Pabs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'am currently cycling my tank...I'am in the 1st week into it don't know what I'am looking for in the test kit what are the right levels I need to know its cycled

image-1372065654.jpg

How are you cycling the tank? It's good to test regularly when cycling so you can see the rise and fall of ammonia and nitrites. As you are showing nitrites and it looks like a little nitrates you are on your way. You want 0 nitrites and ammonia at the the end of the cycle and should have high nitrates. Do a big water change before adding livestock and stock slowly!

How are you cycling the tank? It's good to test regularly when cycling so you can see the rise and fall of ammonia and nitrites. As you are showing nitrites and it looks like a little nitrates you are on your way. You want 0 nitrites and ammonia at the the end of the cycle and should have high nitrates. Do a big water change before adding livestock and stock slowly!

I'am using raw shrimp..how big of a water change should I do 25%-30%?
Thanks in advance!

I cycled using a raw shrimp too. When my cycle was done I did about a 80-90% water change

Back
Top Bottom