my heater broke and now my young clownfish is not acting well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgensmind

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I woke up this morning to my new clownfish on the bottom of the tank, struggling...swimming erratically, upside down.. :( I then realized that my heater broke. So I went and got a new one and I put it in. The water is warming but slow.. its about 66 now and rising. I'm worried about the fish. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I haven't seen the goby today, but that's normal. It hides under the live rock. The older other clown fish, anemone, snails and hermits seem fine.

thank you,

Morgen

Hopefully your fish will make it. You dont want to warm up to fast but as long as it`s moving up you`ll be OK. I dont know if the clown will survive or not. Is he doing any better?

No, it didn't make it. :( I feel pretty bad. Well, I'm new to this and I'm trying my best. I didn't know you weren't supposed to take the heater out while on and I burned it out without knowing the night before. My new heater shuts off auto when out of the water. problem solved, and now to the fish store for another one so my other clown isn't lonely.

Sorry to hear that, It is recommended to keep 2 heaters just for that reason. So if you require 300watts of heat 2x150w heaters are better than 1 300watt. I have a VisiTherm Stealth heater its a bit more spendy but I would rather the few extra bucks on a good heater than to replace all my livestock.

Back
Top Bottom