Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

My hippo tang disappeared...

recently back I purchased a small hippo tang. maybe an 1" 3/4 in size or so. I've had her for about a month now and she has seemed to act normal. ate normal and swam around just fine. the other fish in the tank got along with her well. If you don't remember I had two clownfish, a foxface fish, purple firefish goby and a searpant starfish. I think it has been since yesterday and I have not seen my hippo tang. I've been home all day and she hasn't came out. Finally gave in to moving my rocks. well I moved 3 that I was able to and I'm able to see almost every spot in my tank. I can't figure out what happened to her. it seems as if she got taken out of the tank. Any ideals?

better mention one of my threads asking about that anemone. Could it have got her so quick as for any trace of her to be gone? It isn't that big either.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
wat type of anenome? have you checked your power heads or overflows?

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

the filter ate it up problaly thats what happened to mine
Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

You got hermit crabs? Less than ahandfull of'm can eat a dead 2" fish before you get home from work.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have checked around the tank it could jumped. If you have natural live rock with bristle worms they are excellent at cleaning up a dead fish in no time at all.

A friend of mine couldn't find his tomato clown fish for a day and a half. He called me to come get it out of a rock all we could see is the little tip of the red tail. Took us an hour to break the rock without hurting the fish. It is a little scarred up and now has an attitude but is fine.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

mine hides in crevaces of the live rock to sleep, or just to hide. Even if you move the rock it could still be wedged in there.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

True 'dat.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

K so my very large hermit died about a week before my tang dissapeared.. The other was tiny about the size of a dime and I know every crevace the tang slept in. Also we turned every rock and the crevaces in every rock weren't that small. Checked the filter and on the ground. I just don't get it. The anemone is a ball tip. Maybe? Find my thread it's tiny one
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

your neighboor stole it lol
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Honestly Its as if someone did steal it. Not a single sign it ever existed. Now I'm afraid to add anything new to the tank.

Tags
disappeared, hippo, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com