My new clarki clown likes my condy anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I couldn't believe it, the guy at the lfs said "clownfish don't like the condy anemones" I have a false perc. clown which isn't interested in anything, and I just added a clarki, the two clowns get along great! After 1 day the clarki loves the condy anemone! I like watching him swim in and out of it and rub all the tentacles! Just though I would share!

surprising, that's a big nono to add clowns at different times, unless what i've read multiple times is false. from my lfs it's also a no no to mix species.

personally i've never tried it, i removed my clarkii before adding my two oscellaris, but props, it's almost always what new sw aquarists want to have

Here's the proof guys, my clarki and the condy anemone, and the 2 clowns together!! The clarki was actually feeding the condy flake food tonight!!

Attachments

• fish 002.jpg
    fish 002.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 90
  • fish 003.jpg
    fish 003.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 90
  • fish 006.jpg
    fish 006.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 234
  • fish 004.jpg
    fish 004.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 266
surprising, that's a big nono to add clowns at different times, unless what i've read multiple times is false. from my lfs it's also a no no to mix species.

personally i've never tried it, i removed my clarkii before adding my two oscellaris, but props, it's almost always what new sw aquarists want to have
its been one day the relationship between the clowns are not likely to last. given some time the clarki is most likely to kill the false. once the clarki gets use to the tank he will set up his territory and defend it. when that happens the other clown will be SOL

its been one day the relationship between the clowns are not likely to last. given some time the clarki is most likely to kill the false. once the clarki gets use to the tank he will set up his territory and defend it. when that happens the other clown will be SOL

This is true. Seperate them now if you can...or else you'll have one less clown one morning...

i have a clarkie a black one and a nemo in my tank for a year now they never fight and they sleep together at night so there are exceotions to the rule. P.S if you dont have a wife and a kid you dont get clowns ...lol

Good for you. I have a false and a true that get along great. As for the condi, I thought clowns wouldn't host them. But my clowns host the sand! They host anything.

Back
Top Bottom