My new SMALL Clowns won't EAT??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Driller31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:confused:I have added 2 Clowns to my tank..Clarkii, and a Maroon..I have had them for 3 days now and they have yet to eat the flakes I have been introducing to them??Any advice on this??Also The marine snow do I just drip this ontop of the water, or do I need to feed directly on my ZOAS?? :confused:

I've had fish that didn't seem to associate flakes as food. Try a different type of food and see if that sparks interest.

So maybe try the pellets then?? The LFS I bought them from said I should get the flakes, said that is what they use..Any info on the Marine Snow and direct feeding??

I would buy some good quality pellets and also some frozen food like mysis so you have a back up if they won't eat the pellets.

I'm not sure about the marine snow. I would assume that you need to direct feed on the corals.

Last edited:
I would use a pipette, syringe, or a turkey baster and squeeze a little out directly over the zoas.

I agree, why feed the zoas when you dont need to. As far as the clowns go I would do as others already said and buy some frozen mysis shrimp and some spectrum pellets. Also, maroon clowns are mean and usually don't do well with other clowns.

Well changed to the frozen Brine food, they eat it. And yeah I don't think I will feed the Zoas, but the online ppl I bought them from did recommend Marine snow, they said it is a natural snow that falls from the ocean, fish & coral benifit from it I suppose??And the maroon clown is doing fine with the Clarkii, I bought them both at the same time, as far as I can tell they are doing great together..One thing is they both stay in the top corner of my tank???Is the water flow to rough for these lil guys???They are small...

Switch to mysis and see if they eat that because frozen brine isn't very nutritious unless it is vitamin enriched which is still barely enough to support the fish. Better off used as a treat IMO. The clowns may be fine now, it's when they get a little older that you will start to see agression issues. That top corner is probably like a safe spot to them I guess. They should start to move around the tank once they get used to their surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom