Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by rickyst1
Ok, I will do my best to avoid their stare down, gonna hav to lock my wife out though, she`s a mother hen.
Thank you,
Ricky, Gloucester Virginia
Lmao...there is a product called nitrates and phosphates that helps to remove nitrates...you can also look into getting a nitrate reactor

mysticeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i would just cut back on feeding. i maintain a heavily stocked 150 gallon tank at a fitness club, and i feed that tank 2 times a week. the fish are fat and happy.
make sure you thaw and rinse that nasty cube food too.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you mean by rinse? I thaw in a small container of tank water.
What do you suggest I feed them?
rickyst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know I may get scolded by saying this, but I used the IO natural nitrate reducer and my nitrates went from about 50 to 0 after a few weeks. It's cheaper than buying all the salt for huge water changes, and it has stayed 0 without adding any more of it. I think its about $10 on Foster&Smith. When I set up my tank I used tap water before I realized it was about 80ppm. I did several huge water changes (with good water) but it only went down a little so I finally tried this stuff and it worked great and has stayed at 0. The owner of my reputable LFS said you need a skimmer for it to work (he didn't sell it to me, I bought it online and asked him later). I also have a large canister filter on my 55 gal, but don't think you need one for it to work.

lisa888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com