My saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Antonio718 said:
Thanks, im gonna go get some more live rock this weekend

Yeah that would really make it! I really like the scape, I mean it's your tank but your on to something! I wouldn't mess with it too much. Maybe more rock on each side and leave the center alone.

Ask around I'm very picky about aqua scaping lol and I see your tank and like what I'm seeing.

So I think 2 stacks high on each end and the center just the way it is. You can also stack right against the back.

Can't wait to see updated pics!

Convict2161 said:
Yeah that would really make it! I really like the scape, I mean it's your tank but your on to something! I wouldn't mess with it too much. Maybe more rock on each side and leave the center alone.

Ask around I'm very picky about aqua scaping lol and I see your tank and like what I'm seeing.

So I think 2 stacks high on each end and the center just the way it is. You can also stack right against the back.

Can't wait to see updated pics!

Yeah thanks, im gonna add more pics once i put in more, i have a question actually maybe you might know, are the main levels to check for your tank, and in checking them like once a week is that ok? Last wednesday i took it to my local fish store and everything was ok except my nitrates, so he gave me prime to put in, and today i just baught a test stripe which checks 5 levels at once, its showing my hardness is high, what does that mean? Thanks

Don't use those strips. If you can, get yourself the API saltwater test kit. I don't like those strips and there very inaccurate.

Convict2161 said:
Don't use those strips. If you can, get yourself the API saltwater test kit. I don't like those strips and there very inaccurate.

Not quite sure what strips you are using... We use the tetra 6 in 1 strips at work and theyve proven to be pretty accurate.Not saying i dont recommend the chemic tests, but the strips will suffice. Also to the OP, putting Prime in your tank isnt a solution for high Nitrates.... Thats what water changes are for. Being as to how your cycling, test ATLEAST every other day... If not everyday... And never in early morning or late night

Yeah i kinda figured that about those strips, thanks guys in gonna get a better test kit

Antonio718 said:
Yeah i kinda figured that about those strips, thanks guys in gonna get a better test kit

The test strip comment was my opinion and they are known to go bad after the bottle/seal has been opened. The chemical test kits are way more accurate then a all in one strip. Again just my opinion.

Not sure why I was quoted but my opinion still stands. Test strips may suffice and be "pretty accurate" but for 15-17 bucks I'd take the piece of mind with a better kit any day.

Salifert kits are the best IMHO but you can get by with the API kit and like the poster who quoted me stated you can also get by with strips I guess, but with all the money your put into the tank why take the risk?

Doesn't make sense to me to take that chance.

Again this is my opinion and what I found has worked for me. I'm not an expert, I've had my tank for 9 months and my freshwater tank for over a year so by no means and I a vet in this hobby.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah i understand, sounds good to me, im gonna go try to get one today, thanks for your advice

Got two new pieces if live rock, i think they are called tonga? What you guys think

image-1886331665.jpg

The rock on the left and on the right

Back
Top Bottom