My Setup and Opinion on stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z0w813

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone

New here to the forums, have been reading and learning for a bit now and really love the site. I have a 60g (basic glass rectangle) fowlr aquarium that i have been putting together for the last few months. It has been fully cycled and my base rock is finally starting to take off.

It has 60lbs of Aragonite sand, Fluval 406 canister ( 1 mechanical filter, 2x bio media crates, 1x carbon media ), 2x Koralia 750ghp power heads, 40lbs of base rock, 20lbs live rock, fluval E 300w heater, standard aquarium light and hood that came with the tank. I will be adding a HOB skimmer in the next 1 - 2 months.

I will be starting a small cleanup crew soon, but have a list of what I would like to stock it with over time and wanted some opinions on that.

I am thinking of starting with a yellow tail damsel fish ( might would like to get a pair if it will not be overcrowded with the rest of the fish)

Like to add:
1 - Ocellaris Clown (preferably tank bred)
1 - Dwarf flame angel
1 - One spot fox face

also really like the blue spotted puffer, not sure if it would fit in with these or if it would be pushing the bio load to much?

Welcome any and all suggestions about the whole setup and stock list. Thank You.

Last edited:
It sounds good but I would get to clowns to see if you could breed them that would be cool

I'm not interested in breeding any or really to concerned with snails. My biggest concerns are weather the fist will get along with each other and all fit safely in a 60g and be happy.

Wouldn't suggest the puffer and the angel because then you couldn't do many corals, and personally, I think that's one of the best things about aquariums.

If you are going to an HOB skimmer down the road, I would consider doing a sump with a skimmer. That way you can also move the heater and anything else you dont want in the DT to the sump. Would be better than the canister in my opinion. And less work in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom