my tang help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iluvfishyy808

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey i have a 75 gallon tank and i just added a yellow tang today...but i want to get a blue tang and a racoon butterflyfish and ultamatly a porcupine pufferfish. oh and i also have a blue damsel but it isnt aggressive. im just wondering how i could do this because my main goal is to get a porcupine pufferfish because i really would lyk 1. so if any1 has any advice pleease thank you

-iluvfishyy808

i might be wrong but i would think that the puffers need more space i have 2 tangs one yellow thats about 2 inches long and a hippo thats about an inch and i think im pushing it on a 75 gallon

ya i prob wont get another tang but i really want the pufferfish but if he gets too big i prob jus upgrade to a larger tank. oh and does anyone know how long it takes for my yellow tang to get adjusted to my tank and wat r sum of the best things to feed it? becuz it nibbles on sum algae on my live rock. it just seems scared wen ever i look at the tank it swimsaway and hides. thanks for ur help

You can feed him some Nori, Brine shrimp w/ siprulina or any herbivore foods. I feed my Yellow tang all of the aforementioned and once in a while put a small leaf of Romaine lettuce on a feeding clip, he seems to like the lettuce more then anything else but he does eat almost everything thrown his way. My Yellow isn't that timid at all but it take 2 or 3 days for him to feel comfortable in his new surroundings. Also make sure all of your parameters are in check as well because if they aren't the fish will become very skittish.

Tangs are herbivores and need plenty of greens. Make sure they have plenty of dried seaweed.

+1 but during the first few days he wont try the nori he is going to take his time then he is just gonna eat like a pig well thats what happen with mine

Back
Top Bottom