My tank just finished cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi - I'm new to serious marine fish keeping and after weeks of cycling, my new tank is ready to stock. I have some fish waiting to come home - zebra moray eel, dog faced puffer, wimple fish and fox faced rabbit fish (magnifica) - suggestions re additional tank-mates readily received. The tank is approximate 200 uk gallons (about 240 US gallons)

Off to the LFS to pick up the first fish tomorrow.

WillyG

I would also do a 33% PWC right after the cycle. I too would like to see your plan for the tank. Good luck on the tank. and Welcome to AA.

My plan for putting the fish in the tank is to start with the least messy, then move up the messyness to the biggest poopers so I dont overload the filter system. So, with that in mind, tomorrow I will pick up the wimple, following that will be the foxfaced rabbit fish, then the remaining two will follow along.

Any suggestions for tank mates? I had my eye on a picasso trigger but the individual in question is a really nasty bully and has a long way to grow (and become even more belligerent).

i have a picasso trigger, he was the first fish in my tank but still i have noticed that at first they are grumpy but mine is actually relaxinga bit and isnt the meanest fish in the tank

Unfortunately a cleanup crew would be munched by the puffer or the eel - it's a shame but expensive snacks are what they'd be.

The wimple came home today . . . And a cream angel. I'll leave it a week or so before stocking the others.

Rabbit fish (magnifica) and the dog faced puffer came home today - I'll get some pictures up soon

Back
Top Bottom