My Yellow Tail Damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's a picture of Peek-A-Boo,my Yellow Tail Damsel.he certainly has personality!

Attachments

• V__AD79.jpg
    V__AD79.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 81
It was a 10 gal.I say was because I found him dead this morning...It figures things appeared to be going well so I post a picture and it dies:ermm:

It was a 10 gal.I say was because I found him dead this morning...It figures things appeared to be going well so I post a picture and it dies:ermm:

Hope things get better :/

This is the kinda stuff that makes me get intimidated by the constant water parameters and levels that have to stay in check in saltwater, but hopefully all will go well for both of us aye(y)

Was the tank cycled already or were you doing a fish in cycle and also did you check your salinity after he died? Hydrometer or refractometer?

I didn't check the salinity because I had checked it 3 times the day before and it read 1.020 every time and I used the a hydrometer.I don't remember the exact readings when I tested for Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate and ph,but I can tell you that the test told me the water was stressful and toxic except that the ph was acceptable.
I also didn't check the salinity because I knew when I found my second Damsel dead I was not going to put another fish in that tank unless I had new better equip.I am going to get a bigger tank and equip the 10 gal to be able to use it as a quarintine tank.

surprised they survived over night don't give up im new into this too it is a challenge but very rewarding good luck

If the OP was doing a fish in cycle, then it is actually surprising that they did die. People do fish-in cycles all the time and generally the damsels will make it through. Back in the day,that was what most people did. Its what most LFS suggest even now, and I'm not sure its to make a buck or two off the sale of a damsel. There needs to be a water change though. Nitrates were probably too high for too long. That salinity needs to be higher too.

Back
Top Bottom