Nassarius Snail Eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nat_a126

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've have two Nassarius snails for a month and one decided to lay 3 egg pouch-sorta-things. I think some have hatched because I see what looks like grains of sand all over my over flow. Do any of you have any idea how to care for them/survival rate? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394667888.232510.jpg

And this is the white little grains ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394667914.412014.jpg

I have 3 blue/green chromis and two ocellaris in a 65 gallon with 26 astrea snails.

I believe the fish will eat the babies before they can amount to anything. Good luck!

The chromis and ocellaris clown would eat it? So far they don't really pay attention to it much, and I hope it stays that way ?

I've had my fish consume them and other times when they have been ignored. Though this being said, they have never done anything even though they were laid. I always have eggs being laid in my tank by my snails, just nothing ever comes from it.

I've had my fish consume them and other times when they have been ignored. Though this being said, they have never done anything even though they were laid. I always have eggs being laid in my tank by my snails, just nothing ever comes from it.

Are these specs hatched mini snails? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394741208.355877.jpg sorry hard to see! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394741256.803692.jpg

I believe they would all hatch at once. You may go to bed and the next morning, a zillion tiny snails.

Back
Top Bottom