Nasty blue damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had bought this damsel as my first fish about a year ago. He would chase whatever fish I put in the tank. I eventually bought a 3 stripe damsel. They would chase each other and leave the other fish alone. My 3 stripe died and now the blue damsel is starting to chase the other fish again. If I could ever catch the blue damsel then my lfs would take him back, but that seems impossible. Should I try buying another damsel or some chromis? Anybody have suggestions? Thanks!
Jim

I bought a trap and couldn't trap him, but when I had the second damsel he seemed to calm down. I was just wondering if anyone else had simialar experience with a blue damsel.

blue damsels are hit or miss. they aren't called blue devils for nothing now ;) Try a net with food, leave the net in a wk if you have to so it gets used to it being there...might work. Otherwise, C4 usually gets the best results for eradication :D

LOL! My blue devil is MEAN, but he is in with 4 other damsels.

I wish we could show this thread to others that want damsels in their tank. You`ll probably have to net him even if you have to rearrange.

I had a damsel problem that i couldnt catch. i finally caught him by using a net. i think the trick was trying to catch him after i just fed the tank. Maybe that will work for you

you can also try light shock, which means turning all the tank lights on early in the morning when the fish are still sleeping. Get everything ready beforehand...

When it comes to catching "problem fish" the fastest thing to do is get right after it. It will require the use of a couple of fish nets and the re-arrangement of LR, but it is the fastest way. IMHO, traps are a waste of time or take too long if they work at all. Take an hour, get the fish out and be done.

HI,
I knew something was up when the fish store said its best to start with one and asked about tank mates. Or food sources for the blue devil. He even attacks my little sally crab and she's a very grumpy little crab and shakes her claw at him like common down Ill fix you up..
Geeze cant we all get along..
My little clown fish hides on the left side of the tank with three green chromides. they are buds but mist blue like to beat everyone up every so often.
Doug

After I got my tank established, a 4 inch Black Volitan took care of THEM for me. :)

Removing my damsel ment re-aquascaping. Not fun. He also stressed out my clowns way to much and they ended up succumbing to Ich.

Good times. Now I know better. LOL

I have a blue damsel in with my dog face puffer, 2 3 stripe damsels and 2 blue tail damsels. they all get along great.

I have been having problems keeping clown fish alive. No problems with any other fish. I never thought about the damsel chasing them might be stressing them out and they end up getting sick. I have been testing water more frequently and doing weekly water changes using RO/DI water. I think I will try to get him out of the tank before I buy more clowns.

Back
Top Bottom