Need advice (Wrasse Vs. Coral Beauty)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This always happens! I do a water change and my lyretail wrasse goes NUTS and attacks my Coral Beauty!

After a few minuets after my wrasse goes back to being a good member of the reef.

The only issue now, is my coral beauty is tore up more than normal. He is eating! He won't be touched anymore by the Wrasse, the aggression is over with.

What can I do to stop this? I guess I could buy a tank separator and separate them both, while I do the change. I just hope he did not go to far this time and get my Coral Beauty to the point of no return. :-( He is just tore up, I feel so bad!

The only other option is to just get rid of the Wrasse! :-( I like him a lot thou! It's just a hard choice to get rid of a fish. Why would he go NUTS during a water change? It makes no sense to me! Any advice?

I guess I could try to go though the sump again. I was just taking water out and putting it back in. The only reason I was not doing it though the sump was because my pump broke and it does not take out all the water I need. I do 30 gallons on my 120 every two weeks.

My Coral Beauty is swimming and fine, but still looks bad. Has ripped fins and some damaged scales. Its going to take a week or two before he fully heals. :-( By than I need to do another water change. I just don't get why he get all stressed out and start lashing out.

Today their right as rain with no aggression, swimming and eating together like nothing happened.

Maybe he sees the hose as a new fish. It's just weird that he would go after my poor beauty every single time. He tears the fins off and just beats the heck out of him. :-(. He his my Clown fish a little as well, but not that bad.

I think for the betterment of the community I need to get rid of him, but he is such an awesome fish! Ugh this is a touch choice! :-(

Maybe I should get rid of him and get another sixline wrasse?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good luck catching him ... ?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

It probably is a territory thing, but my past wrasses were not all that territorial. Angels can be.

It's always a tough call to get rid of a fish, but it is also tough to watch fish get terrorized.

Six lines can be nasty little wrasses too. I've had two. One was very mellow and the other was a terror and I got rid of it, as it constantly swam around and would nip or chases any fish it came across.

You can transfer him to the sump tank if you have one. An easier option i guess

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Too small for him. I am going to just trap him in a conner when I do a water change.

Like I said, he is a model citizen when I am not doing a water change.

Back
Top Bottom