Need canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the point would be to pick up any particulate matter in the water column, and possibly run carbon to clear up the water.
what type of tank is this? loaded with live rock? skimmer perhaps? if so, you might not need the cannister, but if it's all you have on the tank, then it might be beneficial.

well, you can keep it, but i would suggest cleaning it frequently. like-weekly.
i have seen folks that run cannisters on FOWLR and reef tanks and run them like they did fresh water (cleaning out once a month or so) and they had horrible nitrate problems.

i would also suggest adding a few more pieces of rock. try to get at least 55-65 pounds in there if you can manage.

hye brolord.....
i see your details about your tank in "my tanks"...u have 1.0ppm ammonia...is that okay..???u already have LS in your tank...how did u cycle your water..?? any sump or similar to that..???

thanx.....

Sorry the my tanks isnt correct. Will update check again. I have no sump just a canister filter and LR thats my filtration. I put a clown fish in, she did very well no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom