Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-20-2003, 07:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The Remora I'd bought didn't have the white plug. Does the plug eject the injection nozzle so it comes off or does it widen the tip of the nozzle so a brush can go in? I still think it's harder to clean those than the PM but I guess if you can effectively clean it, the point I was making is moot. Thanks for posting loganj. This whole thing was bothering me about the Remoras.

BTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
They have been redesigned for about the last year and a half. To many people had the same problem you had. Aqua-c has awesome customer service and when they hear a complaint about the products they fix it. The plug is screwed right above the injection nozzle so you can have good acess to clean the nozzle if need be.

captivereefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:45 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I think it would be an easy mod to one of the older models if you were careful. I'd probably glue a small piece of PVC to the top of the elbow directly above the injector. This will give you something thicker to work with. Then drill it and tap it with a 1/4" pipe tap. Screw in a plastic/nylon pipe plug and you're ready to go.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wait until your PM HOT-1 overflows. I have this skimmer, and I am not impressed. I have it now with the Maxi-Jet conversion which is much better than the Rio but it still requires constant fiddling. I just ordered the Remora Pro. Granted, the PM is very well made but IMO not a good skimmer at all. I get better skimmate from my Bak-Pak 2r and it won't overflow.

gsanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com