need help on compatible fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a niger trigger fish, a snowflake eel, and a toby puffer fish and im looking to get one more fish, i really like the bi-colored angel i just wanted to know if this fish would be compatible with what i have in my tank?

Is this for your 45G tank? I'd say that trigger doesn't belong in there, and based on the fish you have currently, i would say you are definitely done stocking your tank borderline overstocked. All of those fish are messy animals, i.e. heavy eaters and poopers. They are adding a lot of bioload to your tank already. I wouldn't put anything else in there at all.

trigger and the eel are coming out in a few months their still babys

True. Well then in that case, i guess you could add another fish. Just remember that the eel has bad eyesight so any smaller fish you put in there will be at risk of becoming food. Same goes for the rest of the fish in there now. Not sure what the compatibility of your current fish with an angel would be. Sorry. Hopefully a fish expert will chime in.

I dont care if they are babies. They are messy eaters and that creates a large bioload. IMO tank can not handle another until they are removed. JMO

If they are being removed in a few months why not just wait to get the other fish?? Then you wont have to worry about small or incompatable fish :)

who said i was buying him now? i was asking for my future referance

You said you wanted to know if the angel was compatible with what you had in the tank currently. That is why i thought you were getting it soon...like while the trigger, eel, and puffer where in the tank.

Here is a compatibility chart though for future reference
Marine Compatability Chart
I find it very useful

Nope trigger is going back in a week but the puffer and eel are staying

Back
Top Bottom