Need help with aggression!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
My trigs being mean to my bird wrasse and has torn his fins up and pulled a couple scales off. I rearanged the rocks and now am overfeeding to reduce aggression. Any other tips? THX!!!!! PS my anemones ALIVE!!!!! he didnt get eaten lol.

A niger trigger is aggressive by nature. Hard, if not impossible to change what mother nature has made them to be.

IK he was before but for the last 3 days hes been a jerk. I think theyre just establishing territory. THX!!!!!

A niger trigger is aggressive by nature. Hard, if not impossible to change what mother nature has made them to be.
I agree,a trigger is a trigger ..You have to know this going into it...Never really know what it will be like,but again ,it is a trigger

I am going to add more rock today anyway so ill see if that helps. If it doesnt, could i put him in my sump? its about 18x12x12 hes 3-4"

Ya im not sure why a trigger would be put in a tank with other non agressive fish, why chance it? I mean i have been looking into stocking a 30 gal salt and the internet says its even a tiny tiny bit agressive/not reef safe, its off the list. I have exed out some of my dream fish for the good of the fish because i want a community tank. You should have done this, even though triggers are really cool

Um..... BTW all of the other fish ARE aggressive. If you dont know this im pretty sure you shouldnt be saying this, groupers are one of the most aggressive fish in the world, yellow tangs are extremely mean, and bird wrasse are always listed as aggressive or semi aggresive. IK wat im doing, and I know my stocking is ok. All I asked was if i could put my 3-4" trig in my 18x12x12 fuge area of my sump. BTW, if you even thought for a second you could put any size trigger in a 30g display, you seriously have a lot to learn.

I would say it would be okay in there for a few days, and then try to add it back. Good luck. The little bugger is probably trying to establish dominance since he's so small :)

crister13 said:
Um..... BTW all of the other fish ARE aggressive. If you dont know this im pretty sure you shouldnt be saying this, groupers are one of the most aggressive fish in the world, yellow tangs are extremely mean, and bird wrasse are always listed as aggressive or semi aggresive. IK wat im doing, and I know my stocking is ok. All I asked was if i could put my 3-4" trig in my 18x12x12 fuge area of my sump. BTW, if you even thought for a second you could put any size trigger in a 30g display, you seriously have a lot to learn.

I never wanted to put a trigger in a 30 gal. And i never said i did

Please help!!!!!

IS IT MY TRIGGER OR MY GROUPER?!?!?!?!?! My bird wrasse is getting beeat up (missing scales, torn fins etc etc) I thought it was my trigger, but now I am seeing my grouper chase him. Could the grouper be removing one scale at a time? Also, Part of his tail is missing. Could this be him? I dont see my trigger ACTUALLY chasing him, but I do my grouper. THX FOR THE HELP!!!!!

When you stock a tank with aggressive fish you have to expect aggression. BTW, where did you get a honeycomb grouper? They aren't a fish you see for sale very often.

Edit: This is the 3rd thread I merged on this topic. Please don't start new threads asking the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom