Need help with my 55 gal fowler tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi im new here and wanted some help on my 55 gal tank i had a yellow tang two clowns a uellow tail damsel a pj cardinal 4 green chromis and a coral banded shrimp and a pepermint shrimp and 25 hermits for clean up crew all my fish just recently dies due to an ich problem and all thats left are the hermits and shrimp i treated the tank and did numerous water changes its been 4 weeks now since the ich problem and plan to go 4 more before i add fish again. I was wondering how much live rock should i put in a 55 gal tank and if i put the same fish in again will it be to over stocked ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394511260.357419.jpg that was my tank before the ich problem also i have a marineland duel bio wheel filter set up with the two filters and two media cart. And a powerhead and a heater any help would be great ty

I'd shoot for 55 lbs. I don't know how much is in there now but add until you reach about 55 lbs. the more the better. Might want to look into a hob skimmer as well

Ok ty is there anyway to hide all the components on the back wall so its not so noticeable what about the fish i had could they be put back in there again or is that to many

Yeah I'd add at least 25-30 more. I'd skip the tang, they really need a bigger tank but the rest should be fine

If you do the flame drop the cardinal or damsel. Or both. That should be fine

Nah it is just a lot of fish and I don't like those two haha. But it's up to you. But definitely drop one if you get the flame.

To hide the components paint the outside back of the tank with acrylic or latex paint from micheals or hobby lobby etc. either black or a bright blue is what I see most people on here suggest

Back
Top Bottom