I have decided to start a new FOWLR
tank. My tank is a 36 gallon bow tank. Dimensions are 30" L x 12-14" D x 21" H. To be honest, I could see myself adding a piece of coral here and there down the road but I don't really plan to go full blown reef.
Here is my plan and questions.
-International Marine Fish (website) recommended about 50 lbs of live rock and about 40 lbs of live sand so this is my plan.
-I was thinking I would start with 5-10 hermits and work up to about 20.
-Start with 3 or 4 snails and work up to about 10.
-I am not sure about my fish but I am not that particular on this. I just want some fish of the right size that will get along and thrive in this tank.
-I was planning to by a Coralife Lunar Aqualight Compact Fluorescent. It is 30" long (same as tank) and has 2 65 w bulbs. I believe one is Actinic and one is 10000K.
OK, here are my questions.
1. Does my plan for LR
and CUC sound OK? Any other comments or suggestions on this?
2. How will I feed the CUC when I first start the tank?
3. Does the light sound OK? I may add some coral later but to be honest, I don't see myself building a full blown reef.
4. With the LR
and CUC, do I need any other filtration? If so, what would you recommend?
5. Do I need proteen skimmer for this size FOWLR
6. Should I put a glass top on the tank or not?
7. Any other comments or suggestions?
Thanks for your help!