Need help with stocking new aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wreckdiver

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well I have finally decided to start a saltwater tank after many years with freshwater. I have a 90 Gal tank, I will be starting with 50 to 75 lbs of live rock. My question is what fish can I put in this tank. I have considered that sometime in the future I may want to make it into a reef tank, but not to start out. I have been reading books and looking at compatibility charts and its a little overwhelming. My lfs suggested I create a list of what I would like to put in the tank so they could help with stocking it in the correct order. Well here is my list.
1.Powder blue tang
2.Foxface Rabbit fish
3.Yellow tang
4.Percula Clownfish (possibly 2)
5.Flame Dwarf Angel
6.Majestic Angel
7.Royal Gamma
8.Orange Dottyback
9.Blue head Canary Blenny
10.Purple Firefish

I think this may be too much for my tank but its a wish list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Looks good to me as long as you don't add them all at the same time. You may want to research which ones you should add at the same time (like tangs)... and in what order you should add them all

Also, you need to think ahead. You mention that you may want to convert to a reef - Some of your suggested fish aren't reef safe (Blue Angel)..

Oh, and congrats on your first SW tank! Best of luck and enjoy!

get one bigger clown and one smaller, so they can skip the fighting and decide who is gonna be the female.

Back
Top Bottom