Need help with which fish to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b72bowers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank is about 2 months old, it's a 275 gallon with 50 gallon sump. Right now I only have have sand, live rocks and fish . As of now I have
Yellow tang
Coral beauty
Black tailed angel
Damsel
2 clowns
Wrasse
Engineer goby
Orange spotted goby
Scotter blenny
Shrimp
Snails
My tank still looks so empty, I tried adding a white face tang. It done good for a week and got up today and it was dead ,don't know what happened. Everything test good.
My question is what can I add that want get beat up . I can't keep loosing 85 dollar fish. Such a beautiful fish.... also I'm thinking of adding coral down the road.
Any help would be appreciated. The pet stores around here don't really have any selection on saltwater fish so,I will probably have to order them in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The only thing in your tank that may have killed the white tang is the yellow tang. That's a big tank so theoretically you can have 2 tangs but the yellows get nasty. It may seem empty now, but remember, the fish will grow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree yellow tangs do get mean as they grow , but the strange thing I encountered is my yellow tang and red coris wrasse swim side by side they are best buds no doubt .

the black tail angel will be iffy around coral . I always was fond of the clown tang they are very sharp fish . I love mine !

I agree with Jason fish will grow in time

Yellow tang (grows to 8+ inch)

Coral beauty (grows to about 4 inch)

Black tailed angel (grows to about 12 inch) iffy with coral

Damsel (depending on what type of damsel some reach up to 6 inch) One fish I would 86 their demons

2 clowns (depending on what type clown you have some can get real big I have a 6+ inch yellow stripe maroon female still growing .)

Wrasse (3 inch up to 16 inch some even bigger than that)

Engineer goby (up to 16 inch)

Orange spotted goby (up to 3 1/2 inch)

Scooter blenny (up to 5 inch)

Shrimp

Snails

Thanks, I think I will stay with what I got, figured if they grew together I'd have less issue with them fighting, don't seem they like any new comers, but, I've ready that about the damsels, I may be getting rid of him

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom